Gaston Farm Rd Equestrian Center is a place where horse lovers of any age, expertise level, or ability, can come for relaxation, fun and lessons.
Located on Hwy 9 – 1.5 miles off I-77, at exit 65, approx. 20 miles south of Rock Hill SC, less than 30 miles south of Fort Mill and Tega Cay SC, 45 miles south of Charlotte, NC and 35 miles south of Pineville, NC; we are a 50 acre horse facility with pasture and wooded trails. We have a 16 stall barn, an outdoor and indoor concrete wash bay with hot and cold water, a 150 x 200 size lighted arena, picnic area, a lounge with refrigerator, microwave and full bath.
We are now accepting new students- beginner to advance, Monday thru Saturday. Call Beth to schedule, 803-374-6255.
Listed below are the services and activities offered by Gaston Farm Rd Equestrian Center.
- English, Western and Gaited Riding Lessons- Available Monday through Saturday. We specialize in beginner through advanced. Horseback riding lessons change constantly to keep up with the rider’s progress. Safety and horsemanship are included in each session. You may receive instructions on our horses, yours or both. Please see Riding Lessons Flyer for details.
- Camp Geronimo- A horse camp experience tailored to the student’s age and interests. Students enjoy horse riding instruction, art, games, and horse handling. Hands on education will teach the foundations for horsemanship with solid, safe teaching from our caring staff.
For more information, please see our 2021 Camp Geronimo Summer Camp Flyer If you are ready to register, please fill out our 2021 Camp Geronimo Registration Form
- Boarding- Our facility offers 12×12 stalls, or pasture. Boarding includes AM & PM grain and round bale Fescue in pasture. Water troughs are cleaned daily or as necessary.
See Boarding Flyer 2020. See Boarding Contract.
- 4-H Horse Club- Open to ages 5-19, August – May. Under 9 must be accompanied by parent. Horse not required!
- Lease-a-Horse Program- For more details take a look at the flyer.
- GFREC Horsey Home Schoolers- A group of home school students of all ages (and their parents) that gather at Gaston Farm Road Equestrian Center to learn about various equine topics while enjoying a community of others who love horses. This club emphasizes hands on activities, students learn about horses, how to work with and/or ride horses, and how to develop their love of horses into community service projects.
- GFREC Show Team- The mission of the Gaston Farm Road Equestrian Center Show Team (aka Gaston Farm Show Team) is to introduce riders to equestrian sports and to develop understanding and appreciation of equestrian sports through organized competitions and educational opportunities. The purpose is to instruct regarding standards for competition; foster growth and development of equine skills; educate members on safe riding and trailering of horses; and to promote a feeling community and friendship among participants.